• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂

Vacuums

My wife bought a new vacuum cleaner this year; they're designed a lot better than the way they used to be- self-retracting cord (not necessarily an innovation but our last one didn't have that), easy to empty canister, pet hair attachments, and it can even handle wet debris. It's pretty awesome.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
My wife bought a new vacuum cleaner this year; they're designed a lot better than the way they used to be- self-retracting cord (not necessarily an innovation but our last one didn't have that), easy to empty canister, pet hair attachments, and it can even handle wet debris. It's pretty awesome.
What kind did you buy? We got a new vac a couple years ago that was....adequate, but since we got a dog it's proving quite unequal to the task.

gtpeach

Cyburbian
What kind did you buy? We got a new vac a couple years ago that was....adequate, but since we got a dog it's proving quite unequal to the task.
It's a Hoover Upright Vacuum for use in house with pets. I'm not super confident in its ability to last more than a year or two, especially with a GSD in the house, but it'll be a good supplement to the sweeping we do now. We'll still sweep to get the majority of stuff up, and use this more for the finer dirt and dust that is harder to get into the dust pan.

AG74683

Cyburbian
I broke my vacuum the other night. I went under a table with it and hit the little plastic handle that releases the dust bin and it broke off. I plan on just drilling into the remaining plastic and adding a screw there instead. Same concept.

I took yesterday off. My family came down for my birthday on Tuesday and are leaving today.

Planit

Cyburbian
My mom had an Electrolux for many, many years.

We have a good vacuum at the house. Although I do use it, I don't know what brand it is but it sucks (really good).

Gedunker

Mod
I bought a Bissell upright designed for homes with pets when I was replenishing everything after the divorce. I have been very happy with it so far, compared to the Dyson the ex- kept, it is much easier to disassemble/reassemble for emptying and cleaning. It has good suction power, too.

I've taken up the wall-to-wall carpet in the living room to reveal the awesome hardwood floors. Next up are the three bedrooms (probably this spring). The vacuum will hardly get used after that.

I have a Shark Rocket and it has sucked well for the past three years. I don't have pets but have two messy children.

I know that Roombas aren't the most useful but I still want a robot vacuum someday, anyway.

I have a Shark Rocket and it has sucked well for the past three years. I don't have pets but have two messy children.

I know that Roombas aren't the most useful but I still want a robot vacuum someday, anyway.
My folks had one of a while. They tend to get the most current techie gadget. It is was ok, but last time I was there, I found it had died. They didn't replace it.