• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂

The NEVERENDING Weather Thread

Bubba

Cyburbian
10” @ our house. Combination of sleet & snow.

It’s slick but they’ve scraped the roads.

All 3 of us - schools & offices closed. Mrs. P is going to work from home & I’ll go in sometime in the afternoon.
We lucked out down here - plenty of rain, but temps stayed above freezing.

We had more than 7 inches at the airport about about 5 at our house. The average seasonal snowfall is per season is 5. So we should be good for snow for the rest of the season.

Bad part is the rain last night and tonight it will be below freezing so tomorrow will suck.

We had more than 7 inches at the airport about about 5 at our house. The average seasonal snowfall is per season is 5. So we should be good for snow for the rest of the season.

Bad part is the rain last night and tonight it will be below freezing so tomorrow will suck.
We had a problem with that last year. The roads would ice over when the temps fell below freezing over night.

AG74683

Cyburbian
Almost no snow here, just ice rain and sleet. Bunch of limbs fell down but no trees. I was clearing one out of the road and another big one fell like 50 feet from me. I decided to stay inside after that.

My parents house saw like 14 inches or so, maybe more. As far as I know, they're still stuck inside. Overall, I was disappointed with the weather here. I wanted snow, ice sucks. We were out of work yesterday though, so I guess that's okay.

Bubba

Cyburbian
Lot of places opened a couple of hours late here over concerns about black ice - had to go out about 8:45 this morning - didn't see any problems on the road.

Almost no snow here, just ice rain and sleet. Bunch of limbs fell down but no trees. I was clearing one out of the road and another big one fell like 50 feet from me. I decided to stay inside after that.
We had a particularly nasty ice storm in Atlanta about 19 or 20 years ago...I was out the morning after with some of the other guys on the street pulling limbs and trees off houses. We would hear a crack, and everyone would scatter for cover until that next limb fell...

gtpeach

Cyburbian
We got about a foot of snow. The power only went out for two hours, so that was a relief. School and work were closed on Monday. School was closed yesterday, and then they closed again today. I'm desperately hoping for them to be open tomorrow!!!

From our local paper:

"With approximately 81 inches of rain, 2018 is the wettest year the National Weather Service in Tallahassee has measured in the area so far. It’s a record even with data missing for several days around Hurricane Michael."

We average about 60 inches a year.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
We got vastly more snow in November than we did in December. In fact, we even had a green Christmas. In looking at the 10 day forecast, I'm seeing little prospect of this trend changing. 2018-19 is turning into the winter that wasn't.:(

We got vastly more snow in November than we did in December. In fact, we even had a green Christmas. In looking at the 10 day forecast, I'm seeing little prospect of this trend changing. 2018-19 is turning into the winter that wasn't.:(
Yeah but a lot better than a year ago. In Northwest Ohio it was a brutally cold Christmas. The temperature did not even reach 20F all the way from December 26th to January 6th. On all but one of those nights, the overnight low was 2F or less. So far during the same period this Christmas, every day has been above normal and it has not dropped below 25F. In other words, the coldest night this Christmas has been higher than the warmest day last Christmas.

Above average temperatures as predicted for at least the next seven days. I biked more in December than any month except May. I'm sure it wasn't too different from where you live.

I would like snow, but those low temps are for the birds. You couldn't do anything outside last Christmas.

Right after Christmas the paper here in Detroit said we had only had 0.02" of snow through December and were on track for our second least snowiest December on record (since 1880). We did end up with maybe another 0.5" - 1.0" on the 29th and 30th so we did get a bit but it wasn't enough (or early enough) to stop my daughter from complaining about not having a white Christmas. In her defense, looking back at photos I've taking around Christmas time for the past few years, I don't think she remembers not having a white Christmas before. If the temps were about 10º cooler, we would have had a very snowy NYE as it rained and rained and rained all day long. I think I even heard some thunder in there.

I'm ready for some snow.

Bubba

Cyburbian
Looking like yet another rainy day in the 50s here in the ATL - we got close to record levels of rain last year - it beats drought conditions, but I'm a bit over it for now. Sunday, at least, should be dry and pushing into the 60s.

Planit

Cyburbian
Looking like yet another rainy day in the 50s here in the ATL - we got close to record levels of rain last year - it beats drought conditions, but I'm a bit over it for now. Sunday, at least, should be dry and pushing into the 60s.
Yep, it's raining here again still, but there are promises of sun for the weekend. I'll believe it when I see that bright yellow ball in the sky though.

Bubba

Cyburbian
Yep, it's raining here again still, but there are promises of sun for the weekend. I'll believe it when I see that bright yellow ball in the sky though.
We installed some solar-powered landscape lights along the sidewalk to the front door of our house last year. After a sunny day during the summer, the lights would stay on for about 10 hours - with the current gloomy weather conditions and the shorter days, we're lucky to get two hours of light from them...

Last edited: