• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂

The NEVERENDING Gas Price Thread

With my Kroger points, I paid $1.19/gallon today.

That is the lowest I have paid for a gallon of gas going back to at least 19 February 2007. Without my Kroger points, the price would have been $1.89/gallon which would be the lowest since 13 March 2009.

(We rarely ever use our Kroger points since they don't really have a station convenient to our house)

With my Kroger points, I paid $1.19/gallon today.

That is the lowest I have paid for a gallon of gas going back to at least 19 February 2007. Without my Kroger points, the price would have been $1.89/gallon which would be the lowest since 13 March 2009.

(We rarely ever use our Kroger points since they don't really have a station convenient to our house)
How many Kroger Fuel points do you get in a month. Do you take the surveys? I typically average about 40 cents to 60 cents a month, taking about 3-4 surveys a month which can ad 150-200 points. When they do the double fuel point rewards in the summer I usually get more.

What I don't like is that they don't allow you to rollover points anymore. They used to let you combine two months into one, so I could get up to $1.00 off a gallon, but they eliminated that last year.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
$2.30 / gallon (61 cents / Eurogallön) for 87 octane around here. 20 cents / gallon more at stations close to CU and IC.

Seeing more Teslas on the roads, even though the nearest dealer is about a four hour drive away.

How many Kroger Fuel points do you get in a month. Do you take the surveys? I typically average about 40 cents to 60 cents a month, taking about 3-4 surveys a month which can ad 150-200 points. When they do the double fuel point rewards in the summer I usually get more.

What I don't like is that they don't allow you to rollover points anymore. They used to let you combine two months into one, so I could get up to $1.00 off a gallon, but they eliminated that last year.

We never take the surveys and I have no idea how many points we earn a month. For some reason, I seem to recall reading/hearing somewhere that 70¢ off is the most you can now get no matter how many points you happen to have at any given time but that you can still double the amount off on Thursdays or something like that.

I should probably sit down and figure out exactly how the points work so that we can make better use of them.

Seeing more Teslas on the roads, even though the nearest dealer is about a four hour drive away.
I see a ton of Teslas on the road in my Metro Detroit neighborhood and there is no dealership in Michigan. I think we have a "showroom" at the fancy mall but you need to go to Cleveland to pick up your car. The parents of my daughter's best friend seem to get a fancy new car every 6 months or so and back around the start of the school year they got a Tesla Model S and an Alfa Romeo Stelvio. I was curious about the two so the dad took me for a spin in them. I think the Model S is pretty darn ugly (but they are growing on me) but it was really nice on the inside and super comfortable and the acceleration blew me away.