• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂

The NEVERENDING Gas Price Thread

To get it back on topic, the 7-11 where I filled up had gas for $2.399, up from $2.179 a few days ago. The QT up by the interstate was already up to $2.499. I've heard rumors at work that prices are up to about $3 per gallon in some areas.
Now all the 7-11s are out of gas.

Stores around me are out of gas, but not putting up a sign that says so. You find out by driving in to the pump islands and seeing the plastic sleeves covering the pump dispenser.

I drive a hybrid. I usually only gas up every 10 days or so. I went ahead and gassed up the other morning, and the lines weren't forming yet. Now, however, you can tell who has gas by the lines, sometimes extending into the streets.

This morning I saw $2.39 in my neighborhood, and $2.49 along the highway.

On my way to work this morning:

$2.05 at the first corner

$2.09 at the next corner

$2.24 near work

$2.29 at station closest to work

I think I'll stick to buying gas on my side of the metroplex.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Noticed at lunch a station with gas at $2.99! Looks like we've reached that all-important $3 psychological barrier once again. It was a few years coming but it's returned . :-|

Gedunker

Mod
We've been hovering between $2.959 and $2.999 for regular for about the last week. I'm surprised we haven't seen the annual Derby price bump yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see $3.399 or so for the weekend.:-@

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
The usual Memorial Day profiteering. price dropped 20 cents/gallon between Friday and this morning.

The usual Memorial Day profiteering. price dropped 20 cents/gallon between Friday and this morning.

Yep. It hit $2.999 in the Toledo area at many stations around Wednesday, but has dropped by more than 20 cents at some stations since. I paid $2.77 (actually $2.27 after rewards) today.

It's nice to have a car that only needs 5 gallons of gas per week. I have no idea what I pay for gas, and I don't care.

kjel

Super Moderator
It's nice to have a car that only needs 5 gallons of gas per week. I have no idea what I pay for gas, and I don't care.
I use more than that, but you pay because what else am I going to do? I paid 2.85/gal the other day.

With my recent move, I'm freeway close to everything- I don't have to go through any traffic lights between my house and the freeway entrance. Because of that it's just a couple of blocks and then acceleration to freeway speed, where the car is very efficient.