• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂

The NEVERENDING Gas Price Thread

Gedunker

Mod
We've been bouncing back and forth between the upper $2.40s and lower $2.60s. Seems like the Cheeto-in-Charge rattles the market for a few days and the price goes up. When nothing happens, it slowly settles back down. Rinse and repeat.

Planit

Cyburbian
Starting to see the rise in prices - the station near me went up to $2.35 (that's a 28 cent rise since last week).

Hovering around 2.75 at my local station. The place that fixes my Legacy has it at 2.37 though, I fill up there.

Jersey low is around 2.17 right now, with 2.20 being average. It no longer makes sense to go to NJ to get gas. Thanks Chris Christie.

Montreal averaging 1.17/litre right now. I saw someone on insta post 99 cent/litre station somewhere in Ontario the other day, in the Ottawa area. Im driving to Montreal this weekend and dont plan on paying for expensive Canadian gas while im up there - the last station in New York is at 2.48/gallon which is still way cheaper than the $4+ gallon when you convert your fill up at $1.20 a litre back to gallons.

Our local gas went up 22 cents in the last two days (from $2.17 to 2.39) and they're saying gas stations may run out. #ThanksHarvey.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Our local gas went up 22 cents in the last two days (from $2.17 to 2.39) and they're saying gas stations may run out. #ThanksHarvey.
The timing on the Harvey disaster is most unfortunate. There's never a good time for a catastrophic hurricane, but the entire country will be feeling the pinch at the pump right at Labor Day and that will impact the tourism industry across the board.

Yep. Mrs. Doohickie and I have a road trip planned this weekend. Local reports say that some gas stations are already out of gas. In my neighborhood that doesn't seem to be the case. I think there are one or two areas were a QT or Race Trac ran out of gas, then everyone flocks over to the next one in a panic and drains it dry and they fall like dominoes. Just to be safe I filled up this morning and there seemed to be plenty of gas and no lines.

Planit

Cyburbian
The same thing happened when Katrina hit too.

We both filled up on Monday but that was by need and not design. I'm thinking of topping off this evening. We are going out of town for Sunday only which will take a tank of gas.

To get it back on topic, the 7-11 where I filled up had gas for $2.399, up from $2.179 a few days ago. The QT up by the interstate was already up to $2.499. I've heard rumors at work that prices are up to about $3 per gallon in some areas.