• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂

RJ RJ's for good

I resigned today. It was not a good environment. Making plans to start collecting my retirement pension. When the house gets repaired from Hurricane Michael damage, we plan to sell, downsize, and move to central Flroida.

Hink

OH....IO
I resigned today. It was not a good environment. Making plans to start collecting my retirement pension. When the house gets repaired from Hurricane Michael damage, we plan to sell, downsize, and move to central Flroida.
Wow... congrats and sorry RJ. Hope this is a much better next chapter.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Congratulations? Hopefully it ends up being a good thing. That take RJing to the extreme!

dvdneal

Cyburbian
It's the final RJing of your career. Or not, either way, congrats!

Put that pension to good use! Congratulations!

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Sorry to hear this. - bad environment created by hurricane recovery ?

Go write a new chapter.

More golfing ?

Bubba

Cyburbian
I resigned today. It was not a good environment. Making plans to start collecting my retirement pension.
Ah...congratulations on the massive RJing? Extracting yourself from a toxic situation in never a bad thing. Enjoy the pension, old man. :D

When the house gets repaired from Hurricane Michael damage, we plan to sell, downsize, and move to central Flroida.
I hear life in The Villages is a swinging good time. :h:

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Moderator note:
split from RTDNTOTO

Six months from now you're probably going to find yourself wondering why you didn't give them the heave ho several months earlier. No regrets! Time to ride off into the sunset with the reins in one hand and a glass of 2014 Clos du Bois North Coast Merlot in the other.:wine:

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Congrats on the next stage, RJ.

Move to central Florida, train to be a bartender, work part time at some cool laid back bar and have fun for the sake of fun.

And schedule regular trips to see the grandchildren.

Gedunker

Mod
Sorry it went down this way, but I agree with everybody -> time to move onto the next phase and leave what's done in the past. Congrats, and I know ZG will be much happier in central Florida:)

I'll add to the sorry it went down that way it. Happy you got out of a bad situation. Enjoy central Florida, and wait a year then get a dark side job that is doing a project in your former jurisdiction.:lmao:;)

kjel

Super Moderator
Now you have more time for wine and sitting by the pool.

While I am sorry it ended the way it did, I think you made the right decision. Happy retirement and relocation back to civilization in Central FL. I know ZG will be happy with that!

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Should we send white tiles?
Yes, everyone get a 4" white tile and write your favorite RJism on it. They'll make great coasters.
Yes! We need to do this!

But seriously, you should be proud of the many good things you have done there - shouldering many conflicts with professionalism and writing good plans - though this moment may be difficult that pushed you to retire, look at the overall decades of hard work and feel really good about it!

Congrats on the permanent RJing and don't give a second thought to the way it went down. I know it can be painful to leave unexpectedly and there may be certain co-workers or projects you will miss but I'm a firm believer that you owe your employer exactly as much loyalty as they will give you if they decided to let you go.

Looks/sounds like you made the decision that is in your best interest.

Best of luck with the repairs and sale, and keep us posted!