• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂

Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 2019

Veloise

Cyburbian
Back when my favorite governor implemented film industry credits, many companies came here to :michigan: for projects. I got in the habit of answering open calls, which usually means sitting around for hours while a crew parses minutiae and treats the extras badly.

This one was filmed back in April. Dressed "to go out for the evening" in a bicycle-print shirt, I pedaled downtown, checked in, was assigned to sit in the way-back along with a couple of other boomers.
The director had us act out the scene over and over, and by the third camera angle we were adding stuff to keep ourselves entertained. At my table, the guy (he ended up on the cutting room floor) did an "oh wow" spectacles removal. The green-top woman did her eye dabbing (she's in the Symphony Chorus so perhaps it was real). I went with the "my fellow musician nailed it" appreciative look.
Oh and this first singer -- she was trying to sound that bad.
I guess some administrative changes meant that the opera company never got around to sharing this on social media.

Hink

OH....IO
So this week is looking like a productive week. What can happen that will ruin that optimism?

Also, we got lots of snow. Kids enjoyed it.

AG74683

Cyburbian
I am now 100% sure someone let the air out of my tire while it was parked over at the Admin building. I filled it up yesterday evening and it didn't lose any air at all overnight. It's absolutely impossible that it suddenly went flat without some outside help.

dvdneal

Cyburbian
I am now 100% sure someone let the air out of my tire while it was parked over at the Admin building. I filled it up yesterday evening and it didn't lose any air at all overnight. It's absolutely impossible that it suddenly went flat without some outside help.
Or it could be gnomes. They get up to all kinds of mischief.

Wife's vehicle is not running quite right. Why is that these things always happen when it is cold out. It still runs, but the check engine light is on it does not sound as smooth as it should.

dvdneal

Cyburbian
I'm trying to get off the soda again and the no caffeine headache is killing me. I'm sure this will pass soon.

Three full days of moving (unloaded the last item at 7:wow:0 p.m. last night) with no arguments, only one child meltdown (because he was really tired but didn't have a bed set up yet), no injuries, and everyone managed to find some clean, matching clothes to wear today. I'd call it a success. Although my fiance had to order me to sit down and have an alcoholic drink on Saturday night because the sheer amount of boxes and stuff everywhere was overloading my circuits. :LOL:o_O

Huckleberry Hound
Magilla Gorilla
Wacky Races
Super Friends
Captain Caveman
Snagglepuss

Hanna-Barbera had the best characters in the '60s and '70s.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
And let us not forget H-B's most enduring character of all. The one that has even made the jump several times to the big screen .......Scooby Doo!

Wasn't Space Ghost sort of a flop originally and only became popular when Cartoon Network repurposed it as Space Ghost Coast to Coast? (which was awesome BTW)

And let us not forget H-B's most enduring character of all. The one that has made the jump several times to the big screen .......Scooby Doo!

I didn't mention that one because it seemed too obvious. I even liked A Pup Named Scooby Doo.

I've tried to go back and watch some Flintstones and Jetsons with my daughter but I get annoyed with them after about 10 minutes, though The Great Gazoo is still one of my favorite characters. Even though there's no shark involved, I think the introduction of the Gazoo might be the earliest example of a primetime show "jumping the shark".

AG74683

Cyburbian
Good List at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hanna-Barbera_characters

Jonny Quest
Hadji
Dr. Benton Quest
Race Bannon

Secret Squirrel

Space Ghost
They rebooted Jonny Quest when I was a kid. It was awesome. I had a bunch of the vehicles. I remember them going into Questworld, which was basically a VR type thing, sort of like that show Reboot from the 90's. I seem to remember there being a computer game spin off too. I think I had it. IIRC it dealt with aliens and creeped me out so I never finished it.

Wasn't Space Ghost sort of a flop originally and only became popular when Cartoon Network repurposed it as Space Ghost Coast to Coast? (which was awesome BTW)
That sounds right. The Space Ghost talk show thing was hilarious. Brak was another character that got a spin off from the original Space Ghost, and it was incredibly funny. In the Brak spin off he was basically a child simpleton though. Apparently he suffered some brain damage when Space Ghost threw him into some space related abyss.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Coffee - I have made switch from regular/full strength caffeinated to a blend of 1/2 caffeinated & 1/2 decaffeinated.