• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂

Five Things Friday

Gedunker

Mod
1 - Our first week with the transition from vBulletin to XenForo seems to have gone pretty smoothly. Thank you, O Great Leader, for treating us scalliwags so well!
2 - It appears our replacement zoning ordinance will get final adoption shortly. It's been nearly a half-century since a PD could say that in my little 'burg.
3 - I never thought I would say it, but I just don't miss coffee at all.
4 - We are supposed to get some snow overnight and into tomorrow and this morning we had a very pretty red sky. Could the old sailors be correct? I sure hope so.
5 - I need to get serious about shedding some weight. Kind of crept up on me recently. The holidays didn't help. Time to hit the exercycle.;)

1) My time this weekend is going to be spent working on a few things that might result in significant changes if everything goes well. (work related)
2) The Red Wings seem to be a decent first period team... Problem is they are a horrible 2nd and 3rd period team.
3) Found out that the business where I was able to get my very first job is no longer there because the owner was finally willing to sell after people asking on a quarterly basis for 30 years. It wasn't prime real estate when he bought the land, but it is now.
4) I might sleep in this weekend... oh wait... I have a dog and 3 kids.
5) I learned this morning that there have been a series of new discoveries regarding how our bodies work, heal, and how energy is created. Some of these change how we look at particular processes.

1. Sold the 1990 wagon at a slight loss :( needed it gone, since I lost my workspace in December. Le sigh.
2. The 1992 244 is stronger than ever, she's getting snow tires next weekend. Just changed the oil and filter, added an oil stabilizer + regapped and cleaned my spark plugs. Distributor cap and rotor are good for now. Up next is a good undercoating and some DIY touch up paint and sandpaper rust repair before my surface scratches become actual rust.
3. Im down to 215 lbs! from 235 in November!
4. Im financially solvent in 2019
5. Best sandwich in the Bronx: Pruzzo's Market

Planit

Cyburbian
1. I found out late yesterday afternoon about a state report due Monday
2. Finance just came to me and told me about a problem with a PO in my department...The PO that they setup
3. I hope the ice accumulation stays north of us this weekend. I don't mind snow, but I detest ice
4. The Girl has a swim meet tomorrow. This is only her second year of competitive swimming and she's doing very good
5. I had a ham, cheese and spinach omelet for lunch today

1. We were talking about going to the zoo in the nearby big city.
2. It supposed to rain in the afternoon tomorrow
3. Said plans may get cancelled.
4. So ends the first 5 day work week in a month
5. Talking with mini WYP about prom dresses was an odd experience.

1. I have a councilman that thinks he's the project manager for our downtown project. He's called me 3 times today.
2. If its a nice day tomorrow, it's yard work. If not, I'll find a taproom (both Mrs. P & The Girl will be out of town).
3. Time to check the Braves & Atlanta United schedules to find a weekend they both are in town.
4. I don't miss drinking diet Mtn. Dew (it's been a year now).
5. Happy 3-day weekend!!!

1. I'll second the happy 3-day weekend
2. Supposed to turn cold here after the rain
3. Nothing major planned for the 3 days
4. Getting into some interesting discussions with miniWYP
5. The upside looks like an interesting movie.

1. The fiance invited his parents over to dinner (even though we have barely unpacked) and is buying and cooking the food and organizing our boys to clean/tidy the place this afternoon while I'm at work. I could get used to this.
2. I would like to sleep for about 24 hours straight.
3. Even with all of the modern technological conveniences to help remember things, I still have about 5 post-it notes on my monitor right now.
4. My fair city has gotten over 6 inches of rain this month, so far.
5. Is it 5:wow:0 yet?