• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂

Dan's Mystery Car contest

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
My new car. I'm bucking the crossover trend as long as the marketplace will let me.

Stash is an investment app that allows you to invest in stocks at $5 intervals. Figured I could throw down $25 or so a check, hopefully more soon. Been doing it since december and finally it has shown a turn around. I had to dump non-performing stocks like fedex in favor of other funds.
I got in trouble with the Mrs. for using Robinhood. I made money, but still ... I might start putting a few bucks in here and there again.

Hink

OH....IO
Wait, wait, who did the split? Was that you Maister??? Was it?

dvdneal

Cyburbian
What's good and bad about Robinhood and Stash? I was thinking of doing one of those.

I always figure Dan as a Subaru guy, but I guess not. Way to shock my ill informed vision of you. I kind of like WSUs guess of a Jetta, but I'll throw out Altima just to play the odds.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I'm going with a Subaru Legacy.
You know, now I realize that's the old car! It's buried so deep, I didn't recognize that.

Anyhow, that was a 2016 Subaru Legacy in black. The new car is a 2019 Subaru Legacy in ... ahem, Abyss Blue Pearl.

AG74683

Cyburbian
I got in trouble with the Mrs. for using Robinhood. I made money, but still ... I might start putting a few bucks in here and there again.
I've had Robinhood for like a year or so. I started with like 150 bucks. I'm at like 75 right now! I'm uh...not so good at this.

What's good and bad about Robinhood and Stash?
I only have experience with Robinhood. I have no problems with it, but it does have a significant lack of information when looking at specific stocks. You need a companion app with it, FinWiz or something like that. It's nice not having any real commissions to worry about, and trading is pretty easy. They do have a "day trading" lock, so if you're using it to trade penny stocks often, it won't work without having a certain amount in your account IIRC. I've lost a lot of money on it, but that's no fault of Robinhood, it's just mine, picking poor stocks or buying at the peak rather than the valley.

EDIT* Whoops, didn't realize this was a split about some car. My bad, but that Robinhood info stays.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
You know, now I realize that's the old car! It's buried so deep, I didn't recognize that.

Anyhow, that was a 2016 Subaru Legacy in black. The new car is a 2019 Subaru Legacy in ... ahem, Abyss Blue Pearl.

What do I win?